Blog

  • 16-Year-Old Boy Stabbed To Death In Delhi After Refusing To Join Teen Group

    He was returning home with a friend on Thursday afternoon near Gandhi Chowk when two assailants stabbed him multiple times in the chest, they said.

    Two teenagers allegedly stabbed a 16-year-old boy to death in broad daylight in north Delhi’s Burari area after he refused to join their group, an official said on Friday.

    He was returning home with a friend on Thursday afternoon near Gandhi Chowk when two assailants stabbed him multiple times in the chest, they said.

    “We have apprehended two minor boys for stabbing a boy as the accused wanted the victim to join their group,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Raja Banthia said.

    He added, however, that the motive is “yet to be ascertained”.

    A PCR call was received at 2.32 pm reporting that a boy had been stabbed in the chest near Pinki Colony, Gandhi Chowk in Burari, the officer said. The victim was identified to be a resident of Bhalswa.

    “We are examining the CCTV footage from the vicinity and have also recorded the statement of the eyewitness, who is the victim’s friend,” he added.

    A case under relevant sections of the BNS has been registered, police said.

    The body was sent for post-mortem and further investigation is in progress,they said.

  • 4 Climbers Fall From US Mountain, 1 Survives, Does This Next

    The climbers who were killed were Vishnu Irigireddy, 48, Tim Nguyen, 63, Oleksander Martynenko, 36, Okanogan County Coroner Dave Rodriguez said.

    A rock climber who fell hundreds of feet descending a steep gully in Washington’s North Cascades mountains survived the fall that killed his three companions, hiked to his car in the dark and then drove to a pay phone to call for help, authorities said Tuesday.

    The surviving climber, Anton Tselykh, 38, extricated himself from a tangle of ropes, helmets and other equipment after the fall Saturday evening. Despite suffering internal bleeding and head trauma, Tselykh eventually, over at least a dozen hours, made the trek to the pay phone, Okanogan County Undersheriff Dave Yarnell said.

    The climbers who were killed were Vishnu Irigireddy, 48, Tim Nguyen, 63, Oleksander Martynenko, 36, Okanogan County Coroner Dave Rodriguez said.

    Authorities haven’t yet been able to interview the survivor, who is in a Seattle hospital, said Rodriguez, so much is still unknown of the fall and Tselykh’s journey.

    Falls like this leading to three deaths are extremely rare, said Cristina Woodworth, who leads the sheriff’s search and rescue team. Seven years ago, two climbers were killed in a fall on El Capitan at Yosemite National Park in California.

    The group of four were scaling the Early Winters Spires, jagged peaks split by a cleft that is popular with climbers in the North Cascade Range, about 160 miles (257 kilometers) northeast of Seattle. Tselykh was hospitalized in Seattle.

    The group of four met with disaster that night when the anchor used to secure their ropes was torn from the rock while they were descending, Rodriguez said. The anchor they were using, a metal spike called a piton, appeared to have been placed there by past climbers, he said.

    They plummeted for about 200 feet (60 meters) into a slanted gulch and then tumbled another 200 feet before coming to rest, Yarnell said. Authorities believe the group had been ascending but turned around when they saw a storm approaching.

    A three-person search and rescue team reached the site of the fall Sunday, Woodworth said. The team used coordinates from a device the climbers had been carrying, which had been shared by a friend of the men.

    Once they found the site, they called in a helicopter to remove the bodies one at a time because of the rough terrain, Woodworth said.

    On Monday, responders poured over the recovered equipment trying to decipher what caused the fall, Woodworth said. They found a piton – basically a small metal spike that is driven into rock cracks or ice and used as anchors by climbers – that was still clipped into the climbers’ ropes.

    “There’s no other reason it would be hooked onto the rope unless it pulled out of the rock,” said Rodriguez, the coroner, noting that pitons are typically stuck fast in the rock. Rodriguez added that when rappelling, all four men would not have be hanging from the one piton at the same time, but taking turns moving down the mountain.

    Pitons are oftentimes left in walls. They can be there for years or even decades, and they may become less secure over time.

    “It looked old and weathered, and the rest of their equipment looked newer, so we are making the assumption that it was an old piton,” Woodworth said.

    Rock climbers secure themselves by ropes to anchors, such as pitons or other climbing equipment. The ropes are intended to arrest their fall if they should slip, and typically climbers use backup anchors, said Joshua Cole, a guide and co-owner of North Cascades Mountain Guides, who has been climbing in the area for about 20 years.

    Generally, it would be unusual to rappel off a single piton, said Cole, adding that it is still unknown exactly what happened on the wall that night.

    “We eventually, if possible, would like to get more information from surviving party,” Woodworth said.

    The spires are a popular climbing spot. The route the climbers were taking, said Cole, was of moderate difficulty, and requires moving between ice, snow and rock.

    But the conditions, the amount of ice versus rock for example, can change rapidly with the weather, he said, even week to week or day to day, changing the route’s risks.

  • Flights Resume Over Border Areas As 32 Airports Reopen Days After Ceasefire

    Flight-tracking portal FlightRadar 24, as of 12.30 pm, showed a handful of flights over Jammu, Amritsar and parts of Rajasthan and Gujarat.

    Flight operations across 32 airports in North and West India are expected to return to normal, as cross-border military action between India and Pakistan came to a halt over the past few days.

    Union Civil Aviation Minister K Rammohan Naidu is slated to visit Srinagar and Jammu airports, among the first to be shut after Operation Sindoor was conducted to strike nine terror targets in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir on May 7.

    Low-cost carrier IndiGo said that it is resuming flight operations on all routes from Thursday. “Starting 15 May 2025, we are resuming our flight operations across routes that were temporarily suspended in view of recent developments in the northern region of the country. Some of these flights have already operated today, and more are progressively being restored,” the airline said in a statement.

    Air India had earlier said that it will progressively resume flights to and from Jammu, Srinagar, Leh, Jodhpur, Amritsar, Bhuj, Jamnagar, Chandigarh and Rajkot. By Tuesday, the airline cancelled flights to all destinations but Srinagar.

    Flight-tracking portal FlightRadar 24, as of 12.30 pm, showed a handful of flights over Jammu, Amritsar and parts of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Some flights were also seen on the route between Delhi and Srinagar.

    Authorities in Jammu and Kashmir told IANS that 11 flights had operate on Wednesday from Srinagar International Airport, primarily to facilitate the Hajj pilgrims’ onwards journey to Medina. Authorities said that of these, four SpiceJet (SG) flights, three IndiGo (6E) flights and three IndiGo (IX) flights operated from Delhi to Srinagar and back while one IndiGo (IX) flight operated from Srinagar to Jammu and back.

    Following the April 22 Pahalgam attack, in which 22 civilians were killed, India launched Operation Sindoor to strike terror targets in the neighbouring country. Cross-border firing followed in which loss to life and infrastructure was reported. Additionally, civilian flight operations were halted at 32 airports on May 9 – Srinagar, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jaisalmer, Jamnagar, Jodhpur, Adhampur, Ambala, Awantipur, Bathinda, Bhuj, Bikaner, Halwara, Hindon, Jammu, Kandla, Kangra (Gaggal), Keshod, Kishangarh, Kullu Manali (Bhuntar), Leh, Ludhiana, Mundra, Naliya, Pathankot, Patiala, Porbandar, Rajkot (Hirasar), Sarsawa, Shimla, Thoise and Uttarlai.

    After a ceasefire was reached between India and Pakistan and a calm along the border areas followed, the Airports Authority of India on Monday announced the resumption of services at the 32 airports.

  • Criminal Act”: North Korea Reports ‘Serious’ Accident During Warship Launch

    South Korea’s military said the stricken warship was lying sideways in the water after the failed launch.A serious accident occurred on Wednesday during the launch of a new North Korean warship while Kim Jong Un was attending the event, with the isolated state’s leader calling it a “criminal act” that could not be tolerated, state media KCNA reported.

    Mr Kim, who witnessed the failed launch of the 5,000-ton destroyer, excoriated the accident as caused by “carelessness” that tarnished the country’s dignity, and ordered the ship to be restored before a key ruling party meeting in June, KCNA said on Thursday.

    The report did not mention whether there were any casualties.

    KCNA said the incident at the northeastern port of Chongjin was caused by a loss of balance while the vessel was being launched and it said sections of the bottom of the warship were crushed, but it did not give more details of damage sustained.

    “Kim Jong Un made stern assessment saying that it was a serious accident and criminal act caused by absolute carelessness, irresponsibility and unscientific empiricism which is out of the bounds of possibility and could not be tolerated,” KCNA reported.

    Kim said the accident “brought the dignity and self-respect of our state to a collapse”, adding an immediate restoration of the destroyer was “not merely a practical issue but a political issue directly related to the authority of the state.”

    South Korea’s military said the stricken warship was lying sideways in the water after the failed launch.

    The intelligence authorities of South Korea and the United States had been monitoring the activities in advance, Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff spokesperson Lee Sung-jun told a briefing.

    The rare public disclosure of an accident follows a report of the launch of another destroyer of a similar size in April, also attended by Kim, at the west coast shipyard of Nampho.

    North Korea has previously experienced accidents such as space launch vehicle failures and civilian disasters that have subsequently been used to promote the role of the leadership and the ruling Workers’ Party in correcting the problems.

    The 5,000-ton destroyers launched by North Korea this year are the country’s largest warships yet.

    In a report last week on preparations for the latest launch, U.S.-based 38 North said it appeared the ship would be side-launched from the quay, a method not previously observed in North Korea.

    “The use of this launch method could be one of necessity, as the quay where the ship is being built does not have an incline” to move the vessel stern first into the water, the 38 North report said.

    Commercial satellite imagery of the shipyard the day before the launch showed the destroyer positioned on the quay with support vessels by its side and its missile tube magazines exposed.

    A North Korea expert based in Seoul said Pyongyang’s disclosure was surprisingly swift.

    “It shows again Kim Jong Un’s ruling style of cutting off negative rumours from spreading and controlling officials more forcefully by being open about it rather than hiding it,” said Cheong Seong-chang of the Sejong Institute.

  • From Trade To Tourism, Northeast Is India’s Most Diverse Part’: PM Modi

    PM Modi also highlighted the immense potential of the Northeast region and its importance in the country’s development journey.

    Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday addressed the inaugural ceremony of the Rising North East Summit at the Bharat Mandapam in Delhi. Speaking at the summit the Prime Minister stated that from trade to tradition, from textiles to tourism the northeast of the country is the most diverse part of our diverse India.

    PM Modi also highlighted the immense potential of the North East region and its importance in the country’s development journey.

    He said, “Our India is called the most diverse nation in the world, and our Northeast is the most diverse part of this diverse nation, from trade to tradition, from textiles to tourism, its diversity is its greatest strength.”

    PM Modi further explained the various strengths of the region. He said, “North-East means bio-economy and bamboo, North-East means tea production and petroleum, North-East means sports and skill, North-East means an emerging hub of ecotourism, North-East means a new world of organic products, and North-East means a powerhouse of energy.”

    He described the region as Ashtalakshmi, referring to the Hindu goddess of wealth.

    He said, “That’s why the North-East is our Ashtalakshmi. With the blessings of Ashtalakshmi, every state in the North-East is saying: We are ready for investment, we are ready for leadership.

    The Prime Minister also highlighted the importance of developing Eastern India in the mission to build a Viksit Bharat (Developed India).

    He said, “For the building of a developed India, the development of Eastern India is very important, and the North-East is the most crucial part of Eastern India.”

    He added that for the government, the word EAST represents more than just a direction. “For us, this EAST does not mean only one direction. For us, this means Empower, Act, Strengthen, and Transform. This is our government’s policy for Eastern India.”

    The Rising North East Investors Summit, which PM Modi inaugurated, is a two-day event taking place on 23rd and 24th May at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi. The summit aims to highlight the North East region as a land of opportunity and attract both global and domestic investment.

  • 121 Illegal Bangladeshi Nationals Detained In Delhi, To Be Deported

    We have dispatched teams to West Bengal, as many of those detained have roots or connections there,” DCP Valsan said.

    As part of an ongoing crackdown on illegal immigration, the Delhi Police have detained 121 Bangladeshi nationals from Outer North Delhi for residing in the country without valid documentation.

    DCP Outer North Nidhin Valsan said a wider drive targeting undocumented foreign nationals is going on across the capital. The individuals were part of a larger list of 831 suspected illegal residents. “Many have already been verified. Last week we detained 121 individuals. They were handed over to the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) after verification. Following document checks, their illegal stay was confirmed and deportation orders have been issued,

    “The majority of the detainees were living in slum clusters. Background checks are also being conducted to rule out any criminal links. “Verification is ongoing for the remaining individuals. We have dispatched teams to West Bengal, as many of those detained have roots or connections there,” DCP Valsan added.

    He further stated that five people had been interrogated by the Special Investigation Team.

    “Since the drive has been started against Bangladeshis living in India illegally, 831 people have been kept on the suspicious list for verification…In the last week, a team of police officials detained 121 Bangladeshi Illegal immigrants…Orders for getting them deported have also been given…The SIT interrogated five people who arranged for them to stay here…The SIT has been constituted to take action against those who were supporting them…” the DCP told ANI.

    In connection with the case, an FIR has been filed under multiple sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (336/2, 336/3, 342, and 61/2) and Sections 14 and 14C of the Foreigners Act, 1946. A Special Investigation Team (SIT) has been constituted to probe the matter further.

    Authorities have also identified five individuals suspected of facilitating accommodation for the illegal residents. “They have been interrogated and issued notices. Investigations into their call records and other details are ongoing,” He added.

    The Outer North district is among several areas in Delhi where such enforcement operations are being actively conducted. “Our teams are working daily to identify and verify undocumented residents, and appropriate legal action is being taken accordingly. This is a city-wide effort and it continues.

  • Hello world!

    Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!